January 24, 2010

Daily Inspiration: Music


"Music is what feelings sound like."
Author Unknown


Photo Credit: Nathascha



To me, music is inspiration. Whether I'm in a good or bad mood, listening to a certain song can always brighten up my day, even for just 3-4 minutes. I can't say that I have a certain favored genre of music, I just listen to whatever I like and try to learn as many lyrics as possible. I've been called a radio because of my knowledge of lyrics! Anyways, I strongly believe that music has the ability to connect with people in ways that other forms of media cannot. Some people can listen to their mp3 players for hours just humming to tunes or studying for tests. If you've yet to try listening to a good song when in a bad mood, I highly suggest it. The right song can bring about nostalgia of the past or special moments that occurred while listening to that music at a previous time. Music sparks an individual's creativity and can bring out a side of a person no one knew was there!


So for today's dose of daily inspiration I say:

  1. Whip out your walkman, boom box, or mp3 player and listen to music.
  2. Close your eyes and really try to get into the lyrics or sounds. You'll be surprised at how you may react.
  3. Inhibit yourself and feel free to dance or sing (even if it's in the shower)
  4. Try something new while listening to music- maybe painting, drawing or anything that makes you happy.
  5. Let me know how it all turns out!





No comments:

Post a Comment