January 24, 2010

Daily Inspiration: Photographs


“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.” -Aaron Siskind

Credit: Jenna Carver


I love photographs. They capture moments in life that can otherwise be easily forgotten as time goes by. They depict beauty, change and time. Two people can take a photo of the same thing and yet the pictures can be completely different along with their interpretations. Today I chose photographs as my inspiration because images surround us everywhere that we go. I am a very visual person and certain photos can help bring out an idea of mine. Want to get your creative juices flowing? I suggest checking out Flickr for a huge dose of inspiration and creativity.


Photographs also show us ourselves. If you've never had the chance, I recommend participating in a photoshoot, whether led by yourself or by someone else. It can be your own personal photoshoot, but take the risk of capturing your own moment in time, for it can do wonders. Below are some photos that I've recently had taken. It was such a blast being able to pose and express that more glamorous side of myself. I really have to thankKismis Ink Photography for taking such wonderful photos!



So quick Recap:


  • Grab your camera and start taking photos of yourself, people that you know, scenery & landscape, or whatever inspires you.
  • Check out Flickr for great photos!
  • Participate in some kind of photoshoot if possible.
  • Just have fun and get inspired!







No comments:

Post a Comment