October 10, 2010

Surprise Picnic Date

I love to surprise people, especially those that I truly love! Today was my boyfriend's birthday and I spent the last few days worrying about what to do when it hit me-simplicity is key! Guys are usually easy going and so I racked my brain for ideas on fun and inexpensive things to do. I decided on a picnic at the park and it turned out to be great! The day was perfect and he was totally surprised! I definitely recommend it as a fun date for someone special. I decided today's post would be a bit different from the usual October Photo Challenge posts and since I'm a bit behind, hopefully you'll enjoy this instead!


Food Ideas for the Picnic:

photo credit: babe_kl

Baked Chicken Wraps:

  • Flour Tortillas (2)- I bought Mission tortillas
  • Mozzarella Cheese Shredded- a handful
  • Tyson Chicken Strips (1 per each wrap)
  • Lettuce
  • Favorite dipping sauce-Ranch!

photo credit: cfinke
Pizza:

  • Digiorno 200 Calorie Pizza (2)

photo credit: rsutton198
Drinks:

  • SmartWater water bottles



Dessert:

  • Strawberry Flavored Weight Watchers cake


I packed all the goodies into the cooler and we set out to Cypress Point Park! I love this park because the scenery is really nice and there are picnic tables and a small beach to walk along. If you live in Florida, definitely check it out!

photo credit: ..DennisR..

photo credit: giveawayboy




No comments:

Post a Comment