November 22, 2010

My Favorite Reads

We're in the holiday season and it's only fitting that I start my holiday themed posts :) I will be posting all about my favorite things and I'm kicking it off with my list of favorite reads! I used to be an avid reader in high school but now with college I only have a small portion of time to indulge in a great book! So where do I get my fix? Online blogs!

My Favorite Books of the Moment:
  • The Vampire Diaries Series- I love the tv show so when I found out that it was based on the books by L.J. Smith I had to check it out! I have to warn you though, the books are so different from the show...but in a good way :)
  • Luxe Novels- I love this series because it's set in a more romantic historical period where society had certain standards about women and the main characters in the book tend to skirt around the standards and do what they want. It's a juicy read for sure!
  • Makeup & Hair Books- Since I started really getting into beauty blogging and vlogging I wanted to do a bit of research on makeup application and hair techniques so I've been checking out a bunch of different books to learn as much as I can. So far I'm loving the books by Bobbi Brown, A. Dickey of Hair Rules, and Carmindy from What Not to Wear.
My Favorite Websites/Blogs of the Moment:


2 comments:

  1. ive never looked at the vampire diaries, is it anything like true blood? :s

    and im in love with bellasugar and wetpaint too! they are amazing (:

    http://kissbangsnap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I'd say it's a bit more toned down compared to True Blood but the story line is just as good! You should definitely check it out-Thursdays on the CW at 8pm :)

    ReplyDelete