December 12, 2010

Scents for the Season

''When all the laces are undone, when all the petticoats have fallen, the woman is dressed only in her perfume''. -Pierre Louys

A woman is known for her signature scent. It can be a scent of baked cookies that she made that day, or a touch of her favorite perfume, but to others it is always noticed. The holidays are approaching and it's time to flawlessly put together your signature pieces for the upcoming events. Below is a list of my favorite scents but in an unconventional manner.

I personally don't use a specific body fragrance because my skin is sensitive, but I have found other ways to smell fantastic, especially for this time of year. I have a tendency to lean towards vanilla and other fresh scents because they smell incredibly sweet and clean.

My advice for this time of year? Surprise others by adding a bit of scent to your hair, say by switching up your conditioner routine or dusting a bit of vanilla powder onto the ends. Apply a fruity lipgloss to your lips or leave them moisturized by applying a luxurious lip balm. These subtle changes are sure to be a hit at your next holiday party or soiree.

Did I mention these products are under $10? 

Products Shown:

Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam: Smells like a pina colada! A great mousse for curls & waves.


Maybelline Color Sensational Lipgloss: Fruity scent and incredible shine.

Lush Vanilla Puff Powder: The title says it all- fantastic vanilla scent and a great body powder for sensitive skin.

Finesse Moisturizing Conditioner: I remember using this when I was younger so the scent is nostalgic to me. Leaves curls feel soft and smooth.

Nivea Kiss of Milk & Honey Lip Balm: Interesting flavor of milk and honey-leaves your lips incredibly soft and moisturized.

John Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo: Besides the amazing results you'll get after using this shampoo, it has a rich scent of eucalyptus and peppermint.

Lush American Cream Conditioner: A conditioner cocktail filled with ingredients such as strawberries, vanilla, and lavender-adds up to deliciously smelling hair.

Clairol Natural Instincts Semi-Permanent Hair Dye: This hair dye is ammonia free and filled with anti-oxidants. The liquid formula smells so fruity and the colors are great!

Dove Go Fresh Cucumber & Green Tea Deodorant: My favorite deodorant of all time! Leaves underarms streak free and smelling fresh all day long.

1 comment:

  1. Omg are you serious? Vanilla puff powder? That's sooo cool! Normally I use vanilla scented perfume! Smells sooo nice - but the powder sounds cool! I might have to search for that, don't know where I'd find that over in London - never heard of it before :/ lol merry crimbo xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete