January 4, 2011

New Year, New Resolutions

2010 came and went and 2011 is here. I hope to really capture the essence of myself within this year and I am pleasantly surprised by my accomplishments of the previous year.

"May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art - write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself." -Neil Gaiman
My resolutions for this year are more goal oriented than ever before. In the past, I would shoot for things that were way into left field and then felt a bit disappointed when I couldn't fulfill them on time.

This year I plan to make my life amazing! I didn't come up with this plan by myself though. I happened to be visiting one of my favorite blogs, Charade, and noticed that she has a month long program going on for January. I'm going to link her post here. The ideas and assignments that she has provided are fantastic because it deals with really finding your true self and then realizing how to make that self even more amazing than you thought you could ever be. All you need are your dreams and a notebook. I've already started it and I'm in love!

So for 2011, here are my resolutions:

1. Maintain a healthy lifestyle.
2. Become a better me.
3. Disregard my fears and enjoy life.
4. Have more fun!
5. Spend more quality time with my family & friends.
6. Find myself!
7. Save money and learn how to budget!

I have to say, sitting down and really thinking about my goals was a challenge, but I'm glad I got them down. I actually did a similar exercise with my first graders and I was truly surprised by their answers. If you didn't know, I happen to work at a daycare with some of the most inspiring kids I've ever met! So many of them wrote down that they wanted to donate their toys or time to needy kids, spend more time with their families, and help out friends and family that I was stricken with joy. I love kids and it was so nice seeing that they do care for more than just their immediate surroundings!

So what are your resolutions for this year?


1 comment:

  1. Both you look so pretty and cute! Happy New Year to you :)

    http://www.seren-dip-a-tea.blogspot.com/ Please follow me :D

    ReplyDelete