February 18, 2011

Meg at the Moment #1

Ahh it's the weekend and I couldn't be happier! Nothing says relaxation like sleeping in on a Saturday! Today's post will start my new series entitled Meg at the Moment. Consider it a sneak peek into my life that doesn't solely focus on beauty or fashion. These posts might feature the highlights of my week or reviews on food/movies...who knows! I really just wanted to start incorporating more personal content onto my blog so that my followers could see a more multi-faceted me! I will more than likely be posting these on the weekends, so check back regularly :)

Movies:

I've recently seen two new movies and I have to share my thoughts! I just want to preface this with the fact that I'm a big movie fan. My family loves to go out on the weekend a snag tickets to a matinee showing of the latest movies so these reviews are incredibly fun for me!

Just Go With It is a romantic comedy starring Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston. The movie marks the debut of Brooklyn Decker (Sports Illustrated Model) into the acting biz. I stepped into the theater skeptical about the movie because I wasn't sure if Sandler was really going to be funny. Truth be told, I was blown away by the movie. I guarantee that you will laugh at least ten times during the movie...probably one of the best comedies I've seen in months. There are several unexpected turns and the whole thing was hilarious. Two thumbs up for me!

Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son is a cute, family fun movie that continues the laughs from the previous films. It had its funny moments, but nowhere near as funny as Just Go With It. One thumb up for me.


Food Favorites:

I've recently decided that it's time to get back into my healthy mode. I tend to have a hankering for fast food and it leaves my pockets empty and stomach way too full! A few healthy choices that I'm loving are organic guacamole with carrots for a snack, homemade pizza, water, and Eggo Nutri-Grain wheat waffles.

When I go out to eat, I enjoy Chili's grilled chicken sandwich (from the kid's meal) and mashed potatoes or broccoli. I also love to eat at Evo's because their fast food is much healthier than McDonald's or Burger King.


Highlight of this week:

Valentine's Day was a blast! We went to this amazing restaurant, Pei Wei, and then my boyfriend surprised me with chocolates and this super cute pink Domo doll which I really wanted for my car. I have an obsession with Dove Chocolate so I was extremely happy!


Things to look forward to:

Next month marks the long awaited addition to the Vampire Diaries series! It's called Midnight and I'm counting down the days!


So how was your week? xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment