April 25, 2011

Be a Trendsetter in YOUR Life

photo credit: Camdiluv ♥ AmmyLynn
Ever feel like your just moving along a path without conviction? Time is just passing by and you're just doing things because it seems to get you through the day to day, but you're not actually seizing the moment and living your life? Or maybe you're doing things because society says it's "cool."

I completely understand...

But it's time for a change.

I was recently browsing through my local library and came across this nifty little book, Life Tuneups, by Loren Slocum.  I was immediately drawn to the color scheme of the book (I am a graphic design junkie btw) and I checked it out. I've got to say, even though I've only read three chapters, this book has already started to change my thoughts on the way I live my life. I definitely recommend checking it out! If you've read it, I'd love to get your perspective!

I have to admit that these past two months have been nothing short of a challenge. I've had to adjust to new circumstances and deal with illnesses that came out of nowhere! Instead of letting all of it overpower me, I'm finally ready to overcome the stress and live in the moment.

I challenge you to become the trendsetter in your own life. Do what makes you incredibly happy. Women tend to forget to take care of themselves from time to time, I especially can attest to that. Because of finals coming up, it seems like my responsibilities have skyrocketed and I've thrown my personal health and happiness to the back burner. No more!

Grab a journal and start writing down a list of what makes you special, and trust me, you are special! I've filled some of my journal pages with doodles and images of random things. I've been journaling since middle school and still have those diaries til this day!

In order for me to be a trendsetter in my own life, I've decided to make these changes little by little:
  • De clutter my room and car to provide an open and clean environment.
  • Pay attention to my health and take care of my body with exercise and better nutrition.
  • Maintain relationships with my family and friends.
  • Each day, spend at least 15 minutes on myself to relax, whether it be listening to music, watching tv, whatever.
  • Indulging in new found passions, such as blogging and learning Spanish.
How are you going to make a difference in your lifestyle for the better?

3 comments:

  1. Love this post. I've never read this book, but I might just check it out. Good Luck with all the changes that you plan on doing. Life is too short to spend most of your time being mad, stressed, and frustrated. Like the Cheerios slogan says, "Be happy, be healthy" lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post <3

    fashionista-marika.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. frugalspender19- totally agree with what you said and thanks so much!

    Marika xoxo- thank you!

    ReplyDelete