September 13, 2011

Curls 101: Basic Styles

Today's post is all about CURLS! Being a curly girl myself, it's been a discovery process in finding the tools and products that work best for my hair. My best advice for any curly girl out there is to experiment with different styles and product. When you find a regime that works, stick to it! Here you will find my techniques for creating multiple hairstyles. These work for me and hopefully one of these will be helpful to you. Feel free to comment with any other techniques or advice you may have for other curly girls out there!

The Wet Scrunch Technique

To me, this is one of the easiest ways to style curly hair. I wet my hair, apply leave in conditioner and then flip my hair over. Using a light mousse, I start to scrunch my hair in different sections. Then I flip my hair back over and part it to the side. I finish the look by either applying a bit of gel or finishing spray for a nice natural hold. Instead of diffusing, I just let my hair air dry!

Recommended Products-
TRESemme Mousse
Garnier Leave In Conditioning Cream
Garnier Hair Gel
TRESemme Hairspray

Soft Waves Technique

I love this look for a special night out. After I towel dry my hair, I apply a heat protectant spray. Then I take 1 inch sections of hair and curl them around a curling iron. Instead of using the clamp within the iron, I wrap my hair around the barrel in a spiral formation for soft waves. Since my hair is thick, I usually leave the hair around the iron for 20 secs and then move on to the next piece. After every piece is done, I run my hands through my hair to soften up the spirals and add a bit of hairspray to seal the look.

Recommended Products-
TRESemme Heat Protectant Spray
Conair 1" Curling Iron
TRESemme Hairspray
Second Day Hair Technique
Another easy hairstyle to master, the second day hair look just requires that you sleep on already styled hair. So try the wet scrunch look on Monday and then this on Tuesday. When you wake up, just spritz your hair with water to freshen up the curls and then apply some leave in conditioner! You'll be set for the entire day!

Recommended Products-
Garnier Leave In Conditioning Cream

Hot Rollers Technique
This sophisticated style is perfect for a romantic date night. To create the look, I first put my damp hair in a bun and let it air dry for a few hours. Then after the hair is dry, I set my hair with hot rollers. I allow the rollers to stay on my head for 15-20 and then take them out. I then brush my hair out with my fingers and apply a light hairspray to hold the style for the rest of the night!

Recommended Products- 
Conair Hot Rollers
TRESemme Hairspray

What styles work best for your curls?



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete