October 23, 2011

Garnier Nutrisse Haircolor Review

Happy lazy day Sunday dolls!

So my haircolor was in need of a touch up since my light brown roots were starting to stand out amongst the rest of my brown-black hair. The last time I colored my hair was in the beginning of August and I got it done professionally. It cost me $100 (seriously!) and although it looked really nice, there was no way I was going to spend that much again for a retouch. 

Before buying my color at Target, I did some research on what was considered to be the best box hair dye. A lot of people recommended Garnier Nutrisse on Makeupalley.com, so I decided to give that one a go and I ended up loving it!



I chose the shade 434 Deep Chestnut Brown and it's a permanent hair dye. The box came with the instructions and gloves, the developer creme, the color creme, grapeseed oil for nourishment and a conditioner packet. 

Prior to coloring my hair this time around, my color was very dark, almost black and it started to fade so I wanted a more deep brown with a warm undertone. I looked on the back of the Garnier Nutrisse box and really liked this color, but I wasn't sure if it would take to the dark hair! It did lighten it up just a little bit which made me really happy!

The instructions said to apply the dye all over my hair and to focus on the roots. I left the color in for 20 minutes and then rinsed it off in the shower with lukewarm water. The water was brown and that was a little concerning, but after I towel dried my hair, the color looked beautiful and my hair was soft and shiny thanks to the conditioner!


The whole process was extremely simple, since the dye was a creme, there was hardly and mess to clean up! The dye isn't overbearing at all and the color really does seem less damaging than most other haircolors I've tried in the past. I chose to then straighten and curl my hair for the day.

BEFORE


AFTER
Night time w/flash

Me & my sorority sister in natural light
I will definitely be repurchasing this hair dye in the future and recommend it to anyone that wants to try box dye at home! It's affordable, an easy application, and the results are comparable to the salon.

Have you ever dyed your hair at home? How was your experience? Let me know in the comments!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this! I have never colored my hair before and mine is just a bit lighter than yours. I have been wanting to go darker and I am going for it! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete