October 26, 2011

The Short Hair Trend

I love it when celebrities decide to switch up their hairstyles. Especially when it's an extreme transformation like long likes into a pixie cut. Considering that we are now well into a new season, why not spice things up with a new hairstyle?

The short hair trend is a wonderful way to do this. Funny thing is, nowadays "short" doesn't have to mean pixie or even hair that hardly goes past your nose. People consider shoulder length hair to be short! In this aspect, my hair would be considered short, even though I believe it's medium length!

To full embrace the trend, first decide what look is best for you. I'm loving Julianne Hough's new look. The cut frames her face beautifully and she looks youthful and vibrant!

via Stylelist
Another way to spice up this trend is by adding highlights with the haircut. Salma Hayek recently switched up her 'do and has lovely caramel highlights to complement her skintone.

via Glamour
Celebrities are constantly changing their hair for movie roles and such so you can always find inspiration on blogs and in magazines. Since I have curly hair, the best way for me to rock this look was to put a few layers into my hair. I'd definitely recommend bringing in photos of this trend to your stylist and have a consultation to see if this style would work for your hair. 



Have you recently changed your hairstyle? Are you loving the short trend as much as I am? Let me know in the comments section!


No comments:

Post a Comment