November 7, 2011

Homecoming Makeup and Hair

My cousin's senior Homecoming Dance was this past weekend and she asked me to do her makeup for the special event. I gladly took the offer and researched several different tutorials on YouTube and finally found Blair's (Juicystar07) makeup tutorial featuring a beautiful blue and green eye look using Urban Decay's Ammo Eye Palette.

I had received the Ammo Eye Palette as a birthday gift in August and have used it almost every time I want a more sophisticated or glam look. The palette costs $38 at Sephora and it's a great addition to my makeup collection. The eyeshadows are a bit shimmery, but the colors are gorgeous!
My cousin's dress was dark teal and at first I was thinking of doing a silver look but decided to create a similar teal makeup look instead! 




EYES:
I used Shattered and Mildew on the lid, Smog and Oil Slick on the crease and Polyester Bride as a highlight and under the brow bone. 

Then I applied Elf Liquid Eyeliner in Black to the upper lash line and Elf Brightening Eyeliner in Black to the lower lash line. Maybelline's XXL Volume Mascara was applied to the lashes before applying Elf Natural False Lashes and then I coated the lashes with another swipe of mascara. 

FACE:
I applied MAC's Studio Sculpt Foundation in NC 25 all over her face and then brushed on Maybelline's Fit Me Powder to blend everything in. Elf's Studio Blush was put on her cheeks and Revlon's Mineral Glaze Lipcolor in Nude was applied to her lips.

HAIR:
Lauren wanted a simple but pretty hairstyle for the dance so we chose the Waterfall Braid. The look was really easy to complete thanks to meganandlizBEAUTYs video tutorial.

What makeup look or hairstyle did you rock this year for Homecoming?

No comments:

Post a Comment