January 25, 2012

Revlon ColorStay Foundation Review


It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of drugstore makeup! There are some products out there in the makeup aisles that work ten times more effectively than artistry brand cosmetics. It doesn't hurt that it saves money in my wallet as well! 

I ran across Revlon ColorStay a few months ago after several failed attempts of purchasing MAC, Makeup Forever and Bare Mineral foundation with no long lasting results. The foundation is buildable, medium to full coverage and really stays put even without a face primer! I chose the shade 250 Fresh Beige for the winter months since I tend to go two shades lighter after summer. 


Me wearing Revlon ColorStay Foundation. Taken with Flash.

I can't tell you how much I love this foundation. I applied it at 7:00 AM and it stayed on perfectly past 5:00 PM with just a setting powder to complete the look. The foundation can range from $10-$12 but it's still a great deal in comparison to other brands. There are two formulas - one made for oily skin and one made for dry skin. I picked up the oily skin formula and I'm so impressed! I need full coverage foundation to reduce and cover my redness and this does the job! Surprisingly, there isn't a strong scent that I've uncovered with this foundation, unlike MAC Studio Fix Fluid.

Indoor without Flash.
My only gripe about the foundation is that it can be tricky to select the ride shade. Since this is a drugstore foundation, there aren't tester bottles to sample swatches. I happened to grab two shades and hold them up against my face and a mirror to help me pick the right one but I just lucked out. I wish there were more yellow-based foundations in the collection but overall I believe 250 Fresh Beige matches me pretty well.

Shade Swatch: 250 Fresh Beige 

Overall, if I had to rate this product on a scale from 1-5, I'd give it a 5 for great quality, affordability and long lasting coverage. Check one out and let me know if you love it! Also, check out my latest video which features the Revlon ColorStay Foundation!





6 comments:

  1. I've been reading reviews & I've seen people mention that it's hard to remove, did you find this to be true?
    Also, in direct sunlight, does it look obvious that your wearing foundation? Your gorgeous btw:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and thanks! I can get it off pretty easily just by washing my face or using a makeup remover. To me it doesn't look like I'm wearing obvious foundation at all. It covers really well and it looks natural as long as you don't apply too much! Just use your fingertips to apply it and it will blend in with your skin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. luvly tut... overall look looks so natural... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks really nice:) might get it as boots currently have £3 off in the uk:)
    does this work with a stippling brush?:)

    http://www.themake-upcounter.blogspot.co.uk :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking for a colorstay review and I found yours... Really loved your blog!
    http://womenspleasuresandtreasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi.I am an NC 40-42. What shade do you suggest in this range for me? THanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete