February 23, 2012

Fitness is fun!


Hello ladies!

Today's post is a little different from the usual beauty review or hair tutorial. I've recently decided to get back into fitness as a way to promote good health and to keep in shape. This year has already brought upon some major lifestyle changes for me; I started my new job as a Producer and my work schedule went from an afternoon four hour leisure job to a full weekday 8-5 career. I feel so blessed to have achieved one of my goals, but it has hit me hard on not having as much free time for working out and the dilemma of sitting at a desk for such long periods of time! 

Now that I'm in my twenties, I've also realized that food is affecting my body much differently than when I was in high school. I used to be able to pig out on lunchables, iced tea and unlimited chocolate and soda with no repercussions. Now I really have to be conscious as to what I eat! 

If you're a college student or recent grad with a hectic schedule, you might be experiencing similar challenges like mine. My recommendation is to find a workout regimen that fits your lifestyle and interests. Pull out your calendar and start planning days of the week to do a workout. My starting goal is to workout 3 times a week for at least 20 min. After a long day of work of course I'm tired, but getting the exercise in will help out in the long run! 

I'm the type of girl that likes fun exercises. I don't want to run on a treadmill for an hour or do endless crunches. I love fitness classes and I've yet to join a gym but I've found some awesome YouTube channels that have great workout videos, for free! One that I'm currently loving is BlogilatesTV. The girl is creative, challenging, and fun. She combines pilates, cardio and weights with current pop songs to make the experience more engaging. 

I also love Denise Austin. The woman has been a trainer for decades and she looks fabulous and has effective workouts for all ages.

I encourage you to take the plunge and start incorporating more fitness into your lifestyle. You'll be amazed at the results in the long run. Just remember that it is a day to day process. I don't diet and I certainly don't expect instant results. What I do expect is a healthier and more fit me.

Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment