April 2, 2012

College Girl Series: Curb that Appetite!

As any college girl knows, a hectic schedule can bring out the worst of eating habits. A stressful day can result in overeating, sugar overload, and your favorite jeans not fitting quite like they should on your next night out.

Thankfully, there is a solution to this problem. It starts with planning. My current schedule is beyond busy but I promised myself that April was going to be the start of my healthy life transition. I love fried food, sweets, and even soda, but these items in my diet are causing more havoc than anything else. Each weekend, I plan out my grocery list for the week and then I purchase healthy and wholesome ingredients to create my lunch. I decide each night before what I want for the next day and pack it up so that I’m not tempted to eat out at all!

This week I’ve challenged myself to make my lunch from home for the entire week to see how much more healthy and energized I can feel. Also, I can’t imagine how much money I’ll be saving by switched to brown bagging my lunch, instead of purchasing a meal at Wendy’s!

I’d love for all you ladies to get involved, and to help anyone out there that might need some inspiration, I will be posting each of my lunch meals this week to the blog.

Today’s meal is a yummy pita pizza with apple slices and pretzels as a snack. For dessert, I’ve added a few Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies as well.

Pita Pizza | Apple | Pretzel Sticks | Cookies

Pita Pizza Ingredients:

2 Slices of Whole Grain Pita Bread
2 tbsp. of Pizza Sauce
Handful of Mixed Cheese
Basil or Oregano for taste

Instructions: Pour pizza sauce on top of pita breads and sprinkle cheese and spices on top. Place pizzas in microwave oven for 2-3 minutes and enjoy!

What are your favorite healthy meals to make?


No comments:

Post a Comment