May 21, 2012

Battle of the Blowout: BlowBar Tampa

Being a thick curly haired lady, it's a challenge to find a good hairstylist to create sleek and silky strands that will last for more than a few days. I've been to some salons that charge outrageous amounts to straighten my medium length hair or it takes them around 3-4 hours just to complete the look!
Photo taken by Kismis Ink Photography
I'm on the hunt to find the best salons for affordable blowouts in Tampa Bay, specifically for girls with a lot of hair! Today's featured salon is BlowBar Express Styling Salon on South Dale Mabry. This salon specializes in all types of blowouts and they will take you from curly to super straight in 45 minutes or less! 
I had booked my appointment on the same day as my senior graduation portrait session and it was such a last minute thing. The stylists were incredibly nice and my hair was finished in record time. What I love the most about BlowBar is the girly atmosphere! The inside is filled with pink decor and pretty accents. 

The cost for a blowout at the salon starts at just $35. You can choose from different blowout styles, like a wavy blowout, sleek straight style or a voluminous look.

I went with a voluminous blowout and loved how it came out! My hair stayed straight for an entire week which is incredible!

Overall Rating: A

Have you checked out BlowBar yet? What other salons in Tampa specialize in blowouts? I can't wait to find out!


2 comments: