August 20, 2012

Beauty Essentials for School

Wow...I can't believe that summer is almost over and school is starting up again in the next couple of days! I feel like it was just May a few days ago. As a recent graduate it feels so weird not going back to school and I must admit that I miss the back to school shopping and organizing my materials. 


So for those of you that are looking for an effortless guide to makeup for school, you've come to the right place! I've put together a list of my favorite items to keep you looking fresh and cute for your first week back. I love playing with makeup but when school starts, it's crunch time and I usually have around 5-10 minutes to spare on getting my face done. I hope this helps!




My top picks for Back to School Beauty Essentials:
  1. Tinted Moisturizer - This stuff works miracles. I love Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer because it provides natural coverage while protecting you from the sun and giving you a healthy glow. It is pricey ($42) so feel free to substitute this brand for another alternative, Aveeno's Tinted Moisturizer or another lovely pick, Sonia Kashuk.
  2. Lip Butter - Revlon Lip Butters combine pigmented color and moisture for a gorgeous lip look. My favorite shade is Berry Smoothie. 
  3. Blush - I love to add blush to the apples of my cheeks for an extra pop of color. Sometimes foundation alone can create a monotone look to the face and blush can help to accentuate and enhance your features. Lancome Blush Subtil is an awesome choice for blush, especially for pigmented shades.
  4. Mascara - My go to item for drama, Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara is a wonderful drugstore mascara. My number one tip for mascara is to try out drugstore brands first before splurging on high end brands...in my opinion I think that the drugstore versions provide more volume and length, at a much more affordable price!
  5. Everyday eyeshadows - Urban Decay's Naked Palette ($50) is worth the splurge. I use this palette almost everyday to create smokey eyes, natural eyes, and everything in between. The shades complement all eye colors and the possibilities are endless. My favorite shade is Toasted. Nonetheless, it is important to invest in some everyday eyeshadows to go with your outfits. I'd suggest eyeshadow colors in brown, champagne, rose and taupe...But you can always be adventures and pull out that purple girl! 

What are your back to school essentials? I'd love to read about them in the comments section. Best wishes to you all on your first day back to school! The boys won't know what hit them ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment