August 22, 2012

This & That: 8.22.12

Happy Wednesday ladies! I've decided to create a new series on the blog called This & That. It's basically a collection of things I've been interested in, what I've been watching and reading, and updates on my life.

For this first edition of This & That, I'd love for you all to check out my latest video - Summer Hair Products Guide for Curls. So many readers and viewers have had questions regarding my hair care routine that I wanted to create an updated video on the products I use on a regular basis. Hope you enjoy it :)





My Life & Adventures:

So this past Friday was my 22nd Birthday! My family and I celebrated in style by spending the week on the Disney Dream Cruise. It was incredible! My parents surprised me by booking me a massage and facial at the spa on the cruise...it was heavenly. I'd recommend the Disney for anyone who wants to have a wonderful time. As a gift to myself, I purchased the Canon Powershot SX40.



The lens zooms to 35x and I was able to capture so many great photos on our trip to the Bahamas. Here's some of my favorite shots-

The Disney Dream ship is HUGE!
My family enjoying dinner at Animator's Palette
Me, my cousin & my brother at Animator's Palette
Fireworks Show on the Cruise

Great Reads & Videos: 

For a while I had forgotten just how much I love to read. With my job and the daily stresses of life, it's easy to overlook down time or relaxation. Now one of my favorite ways to unwind is to curl up with my iPad and read or watch motivational videos on YouTube. 

I currently finished reading, It's Called A Breakup Because It's Broken after going through a sucky breakup and it has had me laughing and looking at the positive side of things, like how I now have time to read! :) I'm also starting the Pretty Little Liars series in hopes to understand the show a little better.

As for great videos, I'm really loving Marie Forleo TV. She has such great material on starting your own business and just great advice for career and lifestyles..I definitely recommend you check her site and videos out at http://marieforleo.com


Lastly, I am a bit of a Pinterest junkie and I love collecting great quote graphics for my board. This little gem has been my motto for the week:


What have you been up to this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment